Thursday, April 5, 2012

Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Bergundy (2004)


Ron Bergundy himself announced that there will be an Anchorman 2 in the future, and, even though it will most likely be an epic failure of monumental proportions, it's still worth looking back at exactly why fans have been clamoring for a sequel to 2004's quotefest since the movie's release almost a decade ago.

To put it simply, Anchorman is the single most quotable movie...EVER! Think about that. That's damn impressive. The comments section of the Yahoo story announcing the sequel was literally just a dozen pages of quotes.

In honor of the announced sequel, I present to you Captain 69's LONGEST QUOTE-OFF IN THE HISTORY OF QUOTE-OFFS...EVER! In fact, I'm not even going to look up any of the quotes (scout's honor). I'm going to challenge myself and list as many quotes as I can off the top of my head. Enjoy!

"The Human Torch was denied a bank loan."

"When in Rome..."
"Yes, continue."

"I love lamp."

"I will smash your face into a car windshield. Then I will take your mother, Dorothy Mantooth, out for a nice seafood dinner...and never call her again!"

"Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!"

"What's that? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate...an entire wheel of cheese? How'd you do that? I'm not even mad. That's amazing."

"You know I don't speak Spanish!"

"I own many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogoney."

"I'm kind of a big deal."

"LOUD NOISES!"

"Sex Panther. Sixty percent of the time, it works...every time."

"I'm going to be honest. That smells like pure gasoline."

"Smells like Big Foot's dick!"

"Brick, where'd you get a grenade?"

"I stabbed a man in the heart with a trident."

"Brick, I've been meaning to talk to you abou that. You should find a safe house or a relative...somewhere to lay low for a while because you're probably wanted for murder."

"POLICIA!"

"Take me to pleasure town!"

"The Germans called it 'San Diego,' which in German means...a whale's vagina."

"Stings the nostrils."

"Hey everyone! Come see how good I look."

"I love Scotch. Scotchy, scotch, scotch."

"Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island?"

"I'm very proud of my mane of pubic hair."

"You play jazz flute?"

"I know what you're going to ask and the answer is yes, I do have a nickname for my penis. I call it the octagon."

"I heard their periods attract bears!"

"I want to be on you."

"Milk was a bad choice!"

"You stay classy, San Diego."

Whew! I'm going to cut myself off at 30. I could probably recite most of the movie...but I'm not going to. I'll save some room for all the memorable quotes Anchorman 2 will bring us (hopefully). Until then, go fuck yourself, San Diego!

Why It's Awesome: In the history of quotable movies, this is the quotiest of all-time and gave birth to all the other quote-fests to follow (Talladega, 40-Year-Old Virgin, Step Brothers, Knocked Up).

Best Quote: Uhh...see above.

No comments:

Post a Comment